YOU HAVE TO KNOW About repair electric shutters

Having worked in the PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) field for several years I have seen some astonishingly dangerous pieces of electrical equipment. Often that is down to poor awareness over the dangers of electricity. I’m writing this article to educate users for some of the dangers that may be found when working with electrical goods and just why faulty goods should be repaired before further use.

In the united kingdom alone around 1000 injuries occur due to electric shock every year, normally 30 of these will be fatal! This really demonstrates electricity must be taken seriously and is no laughing matter. Visit my site to see failed items found during PAT testing.

Below I have listed one of the most common bad electrical practices and why they can be dangerous:

Plugs without protective sleeves

Some older plugs don’t feature the protective sleeves on the phase and neutral pins of the plug. Basically which means that should you be plugging or un-plugging an appliance with this particular type of plug you are in danger of electric shock if you hold the plug incorrectly. If you look at a modern plug you can view the protective sleeves on the pins as a different colour to the metal by the end of the pins. I’ve seen protective sleeves which were melted off a plug when overheating has occurred, if it has happened the plug may also have suffered internal damage.

Plugs rewired incorrectly

The most frequent fault when checking in the plug is that the cable grip is either missing, loose or only clamping the average person insulation for the phase and neutral wires and not the insulation for the cable also. The cable grip is an important feature on plugs as a sharp tug could easily damage the wiring. Plugs which were rewired incorrectly to the incorrect polarity or are missing a link to earth are less common but can be a danger.

شایع‌ترین دلایل برای تعمیر کرکره برقی Fuses

Not only is it surprisingly common for the incorrect fuse to be found when testing an appliance but occasionally I’ll find tin foil, a bolt or other things that will conduct electricity instead of the fuse. Utilizing the correct fuse for the gear in use is important as should a fault occur utilizing the wrong fuse could be the difference between a blown fuse or a power fire / severe electric shock. When something is protected by the wrong or no fuse in the event of fault it can draw many times more current than it must be able to. If the item is short circuiting this will create a large amount of heat and a fire before long at all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *